How delicious was this dish?
Summer Fruit and Polenta Cake
Recipe #R241 | Serves 4
|4 Tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1/2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided|
|2 cups blueberries|
|2 cups peaches or nectarines, sliced (1/2 inch)|
|1/2 cup polenta or coarsely ground cornmeal|
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 Teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 Teaspoon salt|
|3 eggs, room temperature|
|2 Tablespoon MM Olive Oil|
|2 Teaspoon vanilla|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron or other oven-proof skillet, melt the butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is melted and smooth. Stir in the berries and peaches or nectarines. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the polenta, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs and remaining 3/4 cup sugar until light, about 4 minutes. Beat in olive oil and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter, until just combined.
- Spoon batter over the fruit and smooth out with a spatula. Bake until the cake springs back when touched, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan 10 minutes. Run thin knife around edge of cake. Cover with a platter and invert. Serve warm with whipped cream.
|Main Ingredient:||Peach-o-Rama, Peaches|
|Promotion:||Peach O Rama, Berries|