How delicious was this dish?
Peach & Blueberry Shortcake
Recipe #R259 | Serves Serves 4 to 6.
|2 lb ripe peaches|
|1 pint blueberries|
|1/4 cup sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit|
|1 tbsp lemon juice|
|6 prepared biscuits, scones or shortcakes, (see below)|
|1 cup whipping cream, whipped or vanilla ice cream|
- Place peaches in boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove and transfer to ice water to cool. Peel the skin off, pit and dice peaches into one-inch pieces.
- Combine peaches and blueberries with the sugar and lemon juice.
- To assemble, warm the shortcakes in a toaster or oven if desired. Cut them in half horizontally, lay on a plate, and top with the fruit mixture. If desired, top the biscuits with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
|2 cups self-rising flour|
|2/2 Tbsp sugar|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut in small pieces|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 Tbsp cream|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles very coarse meal. Stir in the milk until a very soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough!
- Drop the dough in to 6 equal portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly pat each portion into a disk and lightly brush tops of disks with cream.
- Bake biscuits in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
|Note:||Perfect fruit makes the ultimate topping for a shortcake all summer long. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.|
|Preparation:||Quick to Cook|
|Promotion:||Peach O Rama|
|Main Ingredient:||Peach-o-Rama, Peaches|