How delicious was this dish?
Grilled Indian-Style Chicken Breast with Peaches
Recipe #R517 | Serves Serves 4.
|2 Peach O Rama Peaches, halved and pitted|
|4 boneless chicken breasts|
|Cooked rice, toasted almonds or pistachios, (optional)|
|2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped, peeled|
|2 tsp garlic, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup tomato, chopped and drained, canned or fresh|
|1/4 cup curry powder|
|2 tbsp MM olive oil|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1/4 tsp ground cumin seed|
|1/4 tsp ground coriander|
|1/4 tsp garam masala, see note|
|2/3 cup (6 oz) peach chutney|
- To make marinade, place ginger, garlic and tomatoes in bowl of food processor; pulse until finely chopped Add remaining marinade ingredients and process until well blended
- Remove and set aside 1–1/2 Tbsp Marinade for basting. Transfer remaining marinade to a 1-gallon size zip-lock plastic bag, add the chicken and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). Broil or grill chicken breasts, about 5-8 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. When chicken is nearly done, place the peaches on the grill and cook, turning once, until hot through.
- Serve with rice and toasted almonds or pistachios.
- Garam masala is a combination of ground black pepper, cardamom, cumin and clove. If not available, combine 3 pinches of each spice.
- OPTION B:
- Before marinating, remove chicken skin and cut chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. Marinate and thread onto skewers and grill. In the summer, you can alternate the chicken pieces with peeled and pitted peaches cut into 1-inch pieces.
|Note:||A zesty and versatile marinade for grilled chicken, that contrasts beautifully with grilled peaches.|
|Preparation:||Quick to Cook|
|Promotion:||Peach O Rama|
|Main Ingredient:||Peach-o-Rama, Peaches, Chicken|