How delicious was this dish?
Sauteed Chicken Breast & Peaches
Recipe #R547 | Serves Serves 4.
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided|
|1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 cup heavy whipping cream|
|2 large (about 1 lb) ripe but firm peaches, cut into 1/4 inch wedges|
|2 tbsp fresh shredded basil or chopped thyme|
- Remove the tenderloin (the finger size muscle on the underside of each chicken breast) and set aside. Using the flat end of a meat pounder, lightly flatten each chicken breast.
- Season the chicken breast and tenderloin with salt and pepper; dredge with the flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbsp of the butter. Add the chicken and sauté until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Chicken is done when instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast reads 165°F. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover while you make the sauce.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp butter to skillet. When the butter is hot, add the shallots and sauté until tender, about 30 seconds. Add the vinegar and cook until reduced by half, forming a thick glaze, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cream, along with any juices collected on the chicken plate. Cook until the sauce is reduced by half and lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Add the peaches and toss until just warmed though. Do not overcook. Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the basil or thyme. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on warmed dinner plates or on a platter. Spoon the sauce and peaches over the chicken and serve immediately.
|Note:||Boneless chicken with a luscious creamy balsamic peach sauce.|
|Preparation:||Quick to Cook|
|Promotion:||Peach O Rama|
|Main Ingredient:||Peach-o-Rama, Peaches, Chicken|