How delicious was this dish?
Grilled Chicken with Walla Walla & Mint Salad
Recipe #R0550 | Serves 4
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|Zest and juice of one lemon|
|1 tsp dry marjoram, oregano, or basil|
|Black pepper, to taste|
|1 large Walla Walla Sweet Onion, chopped|
|1 clove of garlic, finely chopped|
|3 tbsp red or white wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup packed mint leaves, chopped|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste|
- Toss chicken with olive oil, lemon, herbs and pepper. Chill, and marinate for one to six hours.*
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Make salsa by combining onion, garlic, vinegar, and mint. Set aside.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Pat dry and grill chicken over medium heat. Cook until firm to the touch and 165F. Salt to taste.
- Transfer chicken to a platter, and salsa to a serving bowl. Spoon salsa over chicken as it is served.
- Cook's Note: Chicken may be marinated overnight for your convenience.
|Featured:||Walla Walla onion|
|Note:||A sweet onion salsa with fresh mint is a summertime compliment to these grilled chicken breast strips. You can also serve it with grilled salmon, pork chops, or fried tofu.|
|Promotion:||Walla Walla onion|