How delicious was this dish?
Classic Peach Bellini
Recipe #R1613 | Serves 4-6
|2 cups ripe peaches (about 2 peaches), chopped, peeled|
|1/2 tsp lemon juice, more to taste|
|2 tsp sugar, more to taste|
|1 bottle Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled|
- Place peaches in food processor or blender. Add lemon juice and sugar. Blend to make a puree. Taste and adjust lemon and sugar.
- If desired, press peach pulp through a strainer into a bowl. Discard solids.
- To serve, place about 2 Tbsp of puree into Champagne or other cocktail glass and top with Prosecco or sparkling wine. Garnish each with a fresh mint sprig, or slice of peach if desired.
- Thinly slice 2 very ripe Peach-O-Rama Peaches into a pretty glass bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and 1 Tbsp sugar to keep their color. Smash them up a bit, so they soften but are still recognizable.
- Using about 12 basil leaves, tear them roughly into the peaches, stir in.
- Spoon several sliced peaches and basil into each glass and top with your favorite sparkling wine. Garnish with a basil sprig. Guests can drink the peach slices or use an iced tea spoon to retrieve.
|Note:||We love Peach-O-Rama Peaches for fresh Peach Bellini. Invented at Harrys' bar in Venice, Italy, the original Bellini is a strained peach puree with sparkling Prosecco. You can also use a coarser puree if you like it chunkier, OR try our very rustic Seattle version with sliced super-ripe peaches, torn basil leaves, and sparkling wine, inspired by memorable summer evenings on Puget Sound.|