How delicious was this dish?
Recipe #R0707 | Serves 4-6
|2 tbsp MM Olive Oil|
|2 cups onion, diced|
|2 cups carrot, diced|
|2 tbsp garlic, minced|
|2 tsp cumin|
|1 cup dried lentils, rinsed|
|4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)|
|1 can (28 oz) MM Diced Tomatoes|
|1 tbsp brown sugar|
|1 cinnamon stick|
|1/2 cup barley, dry|
|1/2 cup parsley, chopped|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Heat oil over medium heat, add onion and carrots and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add lentils, broth, MM tomatoes, brown sugar and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and then add barley. Cook for to 60 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper, and stir to combine
|Note:||An easy and hearty meatless stew that is great for a crowd, keeps well, and can be frozen to make-ahead.|