Holiday Party Planning
HOLIDAY GUIDE > PARTY PERFECT
Meze in Minutes
Now this is easy entertaining: These Mediterranean-style appetizers (pronounced mé-zay) are totally on trend and guaranteed crowd-pleasers. We’ve done (almost) all the prep work, so you’ll have these vibrant, exotic snacks on your table in mere minutes, yet look like you spent all day in the kitchen.
1. Olives From Antipasti Bar 2. Cauliflower Turmeric Salad 3. Goat Cheese baked with Olive Tapenade 4. Roasted Rainbow Carrots 5. Showstopper Hummus 6. Flatbreads toasted with Olive Oil and Spices 7. Chickpeas with Za’atar 8. Labneh Yoghurt 9. Dolmas 10. Chicken Breast Skewers
Pass the Caviar
What could be more luxurious than a holiday caviar tasting? To serve, open and place the tins with lids alongside for guests to admire. Accompany with Classic CrackerThins or blinis (Russian pancakes), then add a dollop of crème fraîche, a smattering of snipped chives and partner with iced vodka or chilled Metropolitain Champagne.
1. Golden Whitefish Caviar One of our most popular. 2. Paddlefish Caviar Mild in flavor and beautiful presentation. 3. Ikura Caviar Bursts of fresh salmon flavor. (More varieties available!)
Grab a Bite
Sometimes the occasion calls for elegant hors d’oeuvres. Ready easy-peasy in just a few steps, these amazing apps are sure to pack a punch.
1. Rosemary Antipasti Skewers with Perlini Mozzarella, Tomatoes, and Olives 2. Phyllo Cups with Smoked Salmon Pâté 3. Humboldt Fog Brulée with Quince Marmalade 4. Mini Crab Cakes sautéed in Butter 5. Valencia Almonds 6. Prosciutto-Wrapped Holiday Pear with Honey and Cracked Black Pepper
Our cheesemongers will expertly guide you through curating a supremely sophisticated cheeseboard, whether you need just a couple for a small gathering, or are going all-out with an entire assortment of bold, soft, aged, and fresh cheeses. (Get more mix-and-match favorites here!)
1. Delice de Bourgogne Triple Créme France 2. Shropshire Blue England 3. Bijou Vermont Creamery Bijou 4. Garrotxa Spain 5. Vella Dry Jack Vella, Sonoma 6. Point Reyes Bay Blue California
Season for Salumi
Every good party needs a delectable spread of charcuterie. We traveled the globe to find the best, so our knowledgeable cheesemongers are delighted to help you put together the perfect party board. Try our own line of all-natural charcuterie.
1. Smoked Duck Breast 2. Seattle’s Salumi Finnochiona Fennel Salame 3. Coppa Ham 4. Soppressata 5. Grissini Breadsticks with Prosciutto 6. Mortadella 7. Valencia Almonds with Herbs 8. Pepper Salame 9. Bresaola 10. Salt Blade Coriander Salame
fresh baked for you
You can bake it or fake it this season, we won’t tell: From our vast collection of holiday cookies and one-of-a-kind cakes to just about every kind of pie, the Met Market Bakery can help you fulfill all your dessert dreams—simply pop by or pop online to order.
Deck the Drinks
Create your own bubbly bar for some festive fun: Pop open bottles of Champagne, Cava, Prosecco, or sparkling water, set out some fresh mix-ins (think: bitters, herbs, berries and citrus peels) and lay out a few fun formulas like the seasonal recipes here to get the ideas flowing. For more inspiration check out all of our Holiday Cocktails.
NORTHWEST KIR ROYALE
Som Oregon Berry Tart & Sweet Mixer adds punch to your favorite bubbly. Simply add a cherry or berry and a sprig of rosemary.
CLASSIC CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
Add a dash of bitters to a sugar cube, place in a glass, and top with Champagne for this timeless drink, accented with a strip of fragrant orange peel and a sprig of thyme.
BLOOMING CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
A delicate, wild hibiscus flower in rosewater syrup is the secret ingredient here; a steady hand might even get the syrup to sink prettily to the bottom!