Mercer Island Announcement
METROPOLITAN MARKET OPENS NEW MERCER ISLAND STORE JULY 22
The region’s beloved neighborhood grocer expands with a new store location, bringing its signature taste, quality, choice and convenience to Mercer Island.
SEATTLE, July 6, 2020 — Metropolitan Market announces the opening of its newest store location at 2755 77th Ave SE on Mercer Island, Wash. Set to open Wednesday July 22, 2020, the store marks the eighth location for the company.
For nearly half a century, Metropolitan Market has been known for providing grocery shoppers throughout the Greater Puget Sound with superior quality products and legendary customer service. “Food is about bringing people together, facilitating meaningful relationships, and feeding long lasting memories,” said Metropolitan Market CEO, Ron Megahan. “We’re excited to join the Mercer Island Community with this in mind, and offer the best tasting food we can find from around the globe to right here in the Pacific Northwest.”
The Mercer Island store will feature everything from grocery essentials to carefully-curated international and local specialty items, all in one convenient shopping experience. Customers will find the highest quality local produce, as well as a wide assortment of organic and seasonal favorites. The floral shop will offer fresh cut ready-to-go floral arrangements, hand-tied bouquets and custom orders for weddings and other special events. The seafood department will feature local shellfish arriving daily. The beverage department will offer more than 1200 wines, beers and spirits to choose from including exclusives, limited releases, and hard to find items.
Metropolitan Market’s unique offerings include:
- Met Market Bakery offering specialty cakes, pastries and local favorites. It is also home of the famous “The Cookie,” fresh-baked and served warm all day.
- The Café will be brewing Caffé Vita blends and serving up a variety of seasonal coffee and tea drinks.
- The cheese selection will provide over 320 cheeses including local favorites from 12 Washington state cheesemakers and Metropolitan Market’s very own fresh-stretched mozzarella. The in-house cheese mongers can aid in creating the ultimate cheese or charcuterie platter.
- The Butcher Shop has everything customers need to master mealtime. Not only is each Metropolitan Market operating a full-service butcher shop, but they are also crafting restaurant-quality ready-to-cook meal options, including burger patties, kabobs, meatloaves, and more, all with fresh in-season ingredients.
- The Kitchen Shop will be filled with a large selection of everyday housewares items, on-trend gift items, and all the essential tools of the trade for the kitchen.
- An extensive showcase of made-to-order items will be available including Metropolitan Market’s signature Prime Rib and Caribbean Pork sandwiches, fresh made Poké, ramen bowls plus a daily variety of salads, sides and entrees.
About Metropolitan Market
Metropolitan Market is the trusted local source for finding top-quality products and unique specialty items in an enjoyable neighborhood marketplace environment. Each grocery store is the ideal place to discover, create and share one of life’s greatest gifts: delicious food. Metropolitan Market was founded on the culture of curiosity and an unparalleled respect for quality that has led to many ‘firsts,’ like the first outdoor flower market, and introducing Copper River Salmon to the Puget Sound more than thirty years ago. It’s a food-forward approach that has defined their philosophy in the northwest since 1971. Locally operated, Metropolitan Market has always worked hard to be the place where people come to experience the best specialty products and every day grocery essentials in an inviting and inspiring store environment. Visit one of the eight Western Washington locations or online at www.metropolitan-market.com, or follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
For more information contact:
Cameron Ito, Marketing Director