Community Support Guidelines
Partnering With Our Neighborhoods
At Metropolitan Market, we seek to be rooted in our communities, actively supporting and participating in the building of our local communities in many ways. We may provide gift cards, great tasting products or small amounts of money to support community events, auctions and fundraisers. We evaluate sponsorships of community events on an annual basis. Although most requests for support are worthy and needed, Metropolitan Market can support only a small portion of them due to the volume of applications and our limited budgets.
We Are Committed to Giving Back
Please review our guidelines to first determine if your organization qualifies for a donation.
- In order to qualify for community support, the group or organization must be located within five miles of one of our stores.
- Requests from the following organizations will be considered by Metropolitan Market:
- Private and public schools and PTAs
- Organizations focused on improving health within the community
- Organizations helping to improve quality of life for our neighbors
- Efforts to support community arts programs
- The recipient must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Proof of your 501(c)(3) status, such as a tax ID number should be included in the application.
- Requests from the following organizations will not be considered by Metropolitan Market:
- Third-party fundraisers
- Political or religious groups
- Private clubs funded through membership fees
- Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.
- Requests must be made using our Request for Community Support application, which can be accessed below, downloadable via PDF.
- All requests must be faxed, mailed or emailed directly to a Metropolitan Market store location. Please see our website for contact information
- The application must be received 60 days before the event date in order to be considered. Due to limited donation budgets, early submission of your application is recommended.
REQUEST FOR COMMUNITY SUPPORT
To solicit support, please return your completed application to a Metropolitan Market store along with any other helpful information about your event or your organization, in printed form and/or a Web site URL if you have one. Click here for our downloadable application.