Smoked Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
Smoked Tomato Bruschetta
Savory-sweet smoked tomatoes and creamy goat cheese pair beautifully on slices of grilled baguette.
- 1 cup grilling/smoking wood chips
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- Table or kosher salt
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices baguette
- 8 oz goat cheese
- Flaky salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Place wood chips in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up the edges to create a rim and keep the wood chips from falling out. Place over low heat on one side of grill.
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Whisk oil and vinegar together. Brush onto both sides of tomatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- By now, the wood chips should be smoking. Turn the other side of the grill up to medium heat. Once hot, place tomatoes cut side down. Cook for 2 minutes with grill lid closed, flip tomatoes, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Grill baguette slices until lightly toasted. Flip and grill the second side.
- Once cool, chop tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Spread 1 Tbsp goat cheese on each piece of toast. Top with a spoonful of smoked tomatoes. Sprinkle with flaky salt and chopped chives.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 890 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 5 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 12 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.