Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
This is classic app is sure to please at any gathering!
- 8 jalapeños of similar size
- 2/3 cup pimento cheese
- 8 thin slices of bacon (see Cook’s Tip)
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- Wear gloves and slice jalapeños in half lengthwise, including stem. Remove seeds and membranes. For milder heat, soak jalapeños in water for 30 minutes and then drain and pat dry with a paper towel. Fill each jalapeño half with pimento cheese.
- Wrap each filled jalapeño from head to tail with a slice of bacon. Gently tug bacon as you wrap to make it snug. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. The poppers can be made to this point and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours prior to grilling or baking.
- Set up two heat zones on grill by heating only one side to high (see Cook’s Tip for an alternate cooking method). Place poppers on unlit side. Close lid and cook for 20-25 minutes. Grilling over indirect heat will reduce flare-ups.
- Just before they’re done, move poppers over direct heat to finish crisping the bacon. Rotate as necessary to crisp on all sides.
- Remove any toothpicks. Sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To ensure crispy bacon, pre-cook slightly prior to wrapping jalapeños. Do not use thick-cut slices.
- Instead of grilling, poppers can be baked on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a preheated 425°F oven.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 260 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 0 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.