Pumpkin Fondue Recipe
- 1 small pumpkin (about 5 pounds), seeds and fibers removed, top reserved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided use
- 1 (12 ounce) baguette, divided use
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded smoked mozzarella
- OPTIONAL (for serving):
- Corn chips
- Apple slices
- Celery sticks
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Place rack in lower third level of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rub olive oil evenly over exterior of pumpkin, including the top and stem. Sprinkle interior of pumpkin with 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cut half the baguette into 1/2-inch slices. Lay baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and lightly toast in oven, about 5 minutes. Set aside to use for serving.
- While bread slices bake, remove crust from remaining baguette half with a serrated knife. Cut into thin strips and then tear into bite-sized pieces. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg. In another bowl, toss cheese to combine.
- Place pumpkin on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a third of the toasted bite-sized bread pieces evenly in the bottom of the pumpkin. Cover with a third of the cheese. Pour a third of the cream mixture over the top. Repeat layering process twice.
- Place top of the pumpkin over the opening. Roast until pumpkin is tender and filling is puffed, about 1 1/2 hours. Carefully remove top and return to oven. Broil 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve fondue with toasted baguette slices, corn chips, apple slices, celery sticks, and roasted pumpkin seeds, as desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 10 servings)
Total Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 640 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 6 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.