Shrimp Avocado Ceviche Recipe
Shrimp Avocado Ceviche
Serves 4 to 6
Grab some tortilla chips — this fresh, flavorful ceviche is super scoopable! Tender shrimp, creamy avocado, and sweet mango combine with diced cucumber for a satisfying crunch. Soy sauce adds umami and saltiness to balance the brightness of tart lime juice.
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and small diced
- 1/4 English cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled, pit removed, and diced
- 1 cup Oregon shrimp meat (also known as bay shrimp)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine red onion and lime juice. Mix to coat.
- Add soy sauce, jalapeño, cucumber, mango, and shrimp. Mix to combine.
- Halve avocado and remove pit. Use tip of knife to score each avocado half into a grid. Scoop out small avocado cubes into bowl with other ingredients.
- Add cilantro and gently fold together until just combined. Add salt, to taste.
- Cook’s Tips:
- Raw onions can have a harsh, sulfury taste. We start by squeezing lime juice over the onion so that the acid in the juice will tame the flavor.
- Oregon shrimp meat comes pre-cooked and ready-to-eat. Its small size makes it perfect for this recipe. Any pre-cooked shrimp will work, but large shrimp will have to be cut into bite-size pieces.
- Ceviche should be made no more than a few hours before it’s eaten because lime juice will continue to slowly cook the shrimp until it turns rubbery.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 6 Servings)
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 220 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fiber: 4 g
Total Sugar: 9 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 8 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.