Roasted Eggplant with Chermoula and Yogurt Recipe
Roasted Eggplant with Chermoula and Yogurt
Rich and silky roasted eggplant is topped with a zesty, North African condiment, tangy yogurt, crunchy pistachios, and fresh herbs – a perfect, festive side dish for your next feast.
- 2 small Italian eggplants
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chermoula
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted, salted and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Place an unlined baking sheet on center oven rack and preheat to 400°F.
- On a large cutting board, slice eggplants in half lengthwise. Score a diagonal cross-hatch pattern in the flesh, about 1/4-inch deep. Sprinkle cut sides with salt. Allow to sit 30 minutes to draw out moisture.
- Gently squeeze liquid from eggplant over a sink or small bowl. Pat dry with a paper towel. Return to cutting board, cut-side up.
- Brush eggplant with oil. Carefully remove hot baking sheet. Place eggplants face down on baking sheet. Return to oven and roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until soft and caramelized.
- Place eggplant cut-side up on a platter. Drizzle with chermoula. Spoon on Greek yogurt and top with herbs, pistachios, raisins, and additional chermoula, to taste. Serve warm.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Roasting eggplants on a preheated baking sheet without parchment paper helps create a golden, caramelized surface. The process of salting and drawing out extra moisture before roasting also helps to achieve this desirable color.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 39 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 640 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 10 g
Total Sugar: 22 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 13 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.