Assorted Stuffed Dates Recipe
Assorted Stuffed Dates
Serves 30 Dates
These sweet stuffed dates are festive and delicious. In many Muslim cultures, dates are a symbol of hospitality and generosity. They are often served to break the fast during the month of Ramadan or during Eid al-Fitr celebrations. Here are five flavors we think you’ll love: orange, ginger, walnut, almond, and pistachio.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 30 Medjool dates
- 6 pieces candied orange peel, store-bought or homemade
- 6 pieces candied ginger, store-bought
- 6 candied walnuts, store-bought
- 6 candied almonds, store-bought
- Line a small bowl with parchment paper and brush lightly with neutral-flavored oil.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey until it starts to bubble. Stir in pistachios and a pinch of salt. Pour mixture into parchment-lined bowl. Cool in fridge for at least one hour.
- Cut a slit in each date. Remove pits. Stuff 6 dates each orange peel, ginger, walnut or almond, assembling 6 dates of each flavor.
- Invert honeyed pistachios onto a cutting board. Lightly brush blade of a knife with neutral-flavored oil. Slice the very sticky mixture into 1/4-inch strips, trimming to the length of a date. Stuff a candied strip into each of the remaining 6 dates.
- Line up the dates on a plate and serve!
- Cook’s Tips:
- The honeyed pistachio recipe will make more than you need for 6 dates. Store the extra in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks. Chop it up and use on yogurt, over ice cream, or just as a snack!
- Candied nuts are available in an assortment of flavors in both the cheese department and packaged snack section. Any kind will work, so choose your favorite!
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 5 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 1 g
Total Sugar: 13 g
Added Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.