Cucumber and Shiitake Kimchee Recipe
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup kimchee base, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 English cucumbers, 1/4-inch sliced
- In a large bowl, toss cucumber slices with 1 tablespoon salt. Let sit 1 hour to extract moisture.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Sauté mushrooms until soft and golden on edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Season lightly with salt, to taste. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until cucumbers are ready.
- Rinse cucumbers in a colander. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- Add chilled shiitake mushrooms. Add in kimchee base. Mix until evenly coated, adding more kimchee base, to taste. The base will be quite thick. We recommend using disposable rubber gloves or a stiff silicone spatula to massage the paste into the vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve right away or transfer to fridge and consume within 4 days.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Total Sugar: 1 g
Fiber: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Sodium: 260 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Trans Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Total Fat: 2.5 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.