Spiced Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Spiced Hot Chocolate Cookies
Makes 28 cookies
Like a comforting mug of hot cocoa, these cookies are nostalgic and delicious. They’re soft, chewy, chocolate cookies with marshmallow centers and warm spices. The dough is hand-shaped around each marshmallow, a great project to involve the kids!
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Flaky Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Add vanilla, salt, and spices. Beat until smooth.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Stir until just combined.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons dough and flatten in your hand. Place a half marshmallow in the center. Form dough around marshmallow and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 6 minutes or just until surface of dough ball begins to crack. If molten marshmallow runs out the sides, you’ve gone too far.
- Cool completely before eating.
- Cook’s Tip:
- You’re going to want to eat one of these right out of the oven. Trust us, it will fall apart if you do. For the love of soft, chewy cookie goodness, resist the urge. Once the cookie has fully cooled to room temperature, the marshmallow will revert back to its chewy form and hold everything together.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 28 servings)
Calories: 130 undefined
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 95 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 13 g
Added Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.