Black and White Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 can (28 oz) Metropolitan Market Purely Crushed, Rustic Diced, or Whole Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large onion)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 rounded Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) white beans, drained
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional)
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- favorite hot sauce or salsa (optional)
- If using whole tomatoes, pulse several times in a food processor to roughly chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and softened. Add meat. Cook until browned and cooked through, stirring to break into small pieces.Stir in garlic and cook just to release flavor, 30 to 60 seconds. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add tomatoes, broth, black beans, and white beans. Bring to simmer then reduce heat to low, partially cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add additional salt, pepper and optional cayenne pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice, cornbread or warm tortillas, as desired, with optional toppings.
- FOR TACOS:
- Serve in crisp taco shells with grated cheese, shredded lettuce or cabbage and salsa.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Toppings not included)
Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 1100 mg
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Fiber: 16 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 40 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“The chili was very tasty, but needed some oomph.a little on the bland side for our taste. we didn’t make any changes to original, but will add some spice the next time.”
“Great receipe, i changed it up a bit using 2 cans of red kidney beans and 1/2 of the chili powder. also more garlic. the chili turned out perfect.i served it w/ corn bread.”