New York Steaks with Blue Cheese Recipe
New York Steaks with Blue Cheese
Need a fabulous dinner fast? Our hand-cut steaks paired with this easy blue cheese topping are an elegant, flavorful entree. Pair with your favorite vegetable or side dish, and dinner’s done!
- 4 New York steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- BLUE CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dry steaks with paper towels. Mix salt and pepper together and season both sides of the steaks.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, mix together (or process in food processor) cream cheese, blue cheese, shallot and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grill the steaks on a hot barbecue or grill pan, till done as desired, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Spoon blue cheese topping onto steaks, dividing evenly. Leave steaks on grill just until topping softens. Remove from grill to warm serving plates and serve at once.
- Excellent with other steak cuts including Rib Eye, T-Bone, Top Sirloin.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is so easy and completely elevates steak to a restaurant-worthy recipe. it feels like such a treat to add a fancy sauce - except it's so simple to put together! win-win.”
“I love this recipe! my husband requests this every year for his birthday. (and i never tell him how easy it is to make!)”