- 2 lbs beef short ribs, cut into pieces*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Metropolitan Market Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce & Slather
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Roasted or mashed potatoes or rice, optional
- Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Place short ribs, onion and sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or LOW for 7–1/2 to 8–1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.*
- Remove short ribs and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Spoon cooking liquid over beef.
- Top with parsley and serve with roasted or mashed potatoes or rice.
- Use Metropolitan Market Teriyaki BBQ Sauce & Slather instead of Metropolitan Market Hickory Smoke Sauce & Slather. One hour before serving add 1–1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple or drained canned pineapple chunks. Serve with cooked rice.
- *If desired, brown short ribs before placing in slow cooker: Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add beef and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.