- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 cup red, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or cured olives, sliced, pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, basil or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 box (16 oz) Metropolitan Market Orzo
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in medium bowl. Add all salad ingredients except Orzo and walnuts.
- Cook Orzo as directed. Drain, rinse with cold water until cool and drain again. Add to bowl with other ingredients. Toss to blend. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, add walnuts and cherry tomatoes; taste and adjust seasoning.
Ratings and Reviews
“On the recipe card I picked up in the store said: 1 box (16 oz) MM orzo. However, on line it reads: 1 box (6 oz) MM Orzo. Which is correct? Since I used a 16 oz pkg. of orzo, it really needed more dressing the next day. I used toasted pine nuts in place of walnuts.”