Asian Fish Steaks Recipe
- 4 (6 oz) salmon, halibut, Ahi tuna or swordfish steaks
- MARINADE & SAUCE:
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine (sake)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- Combine marinade and sauce ingredients in a bowl; remove half and set aside to use for a sauce. Place fish in the bowl and turn to coat with marinade; refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove fish from marinade (discard marinade).
- Oven-broil or grill fish until golden brown on each side and cooked through (about 5 minutes on each side).
- For sauce, warm reserved marinade over low heat. Place fish on 4 plates. Spoon warm sauce over fish and garnish each with a sprig of cilantro.