Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder (or boneless country style pork ribs), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup Metropolitan Market Hickory Smoke or Metropolitan Market Teriyaki Bali BBQ Sauce & Slather, plus more for cooking
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Hickory Smoke or Metropolitan Market Teriyaki Bali BBQ Sauce & Slather for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer browned pork to slow cooker. (If you’re in a hurry, you can eliminate this step. Meat will not be as brown.)
- Add sauce to slow cooker, stir once, cover and cook until pork is very tender, on HIGH for 3 to 5 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Pork should fall apart. Remove pork and shred loosely, discarding excess fat. Skim fat from cooking liquid and spoon some liquid over pork for serving. Serve with salt and pepper if desired. Serve pork with additional sauce if desired.
- FOR SLIDERS:
- Serve in split toasted buns topped with more Metropolitan Market Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce and your favorite toppings, as desired.
- FOR TACOS:
- Serve in tortillas with more Metropolitan Market BBQ Sauce, shredded cabbage or other favorite toppings.