- Quinoa Salmon:
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup quinoa, unrinsed and uncooked
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market olive oil
- Olive Tapenade:
- 1/2 cup pitted black or green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted and peeled red peppers (drain on paper towels if from a jar)
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for Olive Tapenade, taste and adjust seasoning with salt. Set aside, covered and chilled if made ahead.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle the dry quinoa onto a baking sheet. Press both sides of each salmon fillet in quinoa.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fillets and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through; 10 minutes for 1-inch thick fillets.
- To serve, spoon olive vinaigrette over fillets. Serve with crusty French bread.
Ratings and Reviews
“The quinoa adds a nice crunchy and nutty crust on the outside of the salmon. delicious!”