Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Season flank steak with a cumin-oregano blend and serve with a zesty chimichurri sauce, Argentina's famous steak topping. Use extra sauce as a sandwich spread or drizzle over roasted veggies.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Using sharp knife, lightly score the steak (about 1/8-inch deep) on both sides in a crisscross pattern at 1/2-inch intervals.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Season both sides of the steak with seasoning mixture.
- For the chimichurri sauce, in a blender or food processor container, combine all ingredients. Process until blended to a sauce consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Cover and chill if made ahead.
- Pre-heat the grill, or a skillet, on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare (145°F).
- Transfer steaks to cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steaks across grain. Transfer to platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 5 mg
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 830 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 23 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Tried this for the first time and thought it was fabulous. meat cooked perfectly and sauce was nice seasoning. will definitely be purchasing this ahain!”