Caprese Salad Recipe
One of our favorite summer dishes is sliced, vine-ripened tomatoes with Metropolitan Market Fresh-Stretched Mozzarella and fresh basil. Serve it as a salad or appetizer with toasted bread slices rubbed with Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic.
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ball Metropolitan Market Mozzarella cheese, about 1 lb, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- Arrange tomato slices on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese and a leaf or two of basil.
- Serve as a salad or with toasted bread as an appetizer.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 360 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 13 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.