Grilled Chicken With Walla Walla Onion & Mint
A sweet onion salsa with fresh mint is a summertime compliment to these grilled chicken breast strips. You can also serve it with grilled salmon, pork chops, or fried tofu.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp dry marjoram, oregano, or basil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 large Walla Walla Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss chicken with olive oil, lemon, herbs and pepper. Chill, and marinate for one to six hours.*
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Make salsa by combining onion, garlic, vinegar, and mint. Set aside.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Pat dry and grill chicken over medium heat. Cook until firm to the touch and 165°F. Salt to taste.
- Transfer chicken to a platter, and salsa to a serving bowl. Spoon salsa over chicken as it is served.
- *Cook's Note: Chicken may be marinated overnight for your convenience.