Classic Peach Bellini
2 cups ripe peaches (about 2 peaches), chopped, peeled
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice, more to taste
2 tsp sugar, more to taste
1 bottle Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Place peaches in food processor or blender. Add lemon juice and sugar. Blend to make a puree. Taste and adjust lemon and sugar.
- If desired, press peach pulp through a strainer into a bowl. Discard solids.
- To serve, place about 2 Tbsp of puree into Champagne or other cocktail glass and top with Prosecco or sparkling wine. Garnish each with a fresh mint sprig, or slice of peach if desired.
Variation: Alki Beach Bellini with Basil
- Thinly slice 2 very ripe Peach-O-Rama Peaches into a pretty glass bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and 1 Tbsp sugar to keep their color. Smash them up a bit, so they soften but are still recognizable.
- Using about 12 basil leaves, tear them roughly into the peaches, stir in.
- Spoon several sliced peaches and basil into each glass and top with your favorite sparkling wine. Garnish with a basil sprig. Guests can drink the peach slices or use an iced tea spoon to retrieve.
Ratings and Reviews