Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
- 1 pork rib roast of about 16 ribs, tied into a crown
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced thickly
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a roasting pan. Season the roast all over with the salt and pepper. Place in the center of the roasting pan. Add wine and water to pan along with the onion, garlic, rosemary, and bay leaf.
- Place pan in the center of the oven and cook for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145°F when checked with a thermometer.
- Remove the roast from the oven and place on a serving platter. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm, and rest for about 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, strain the juices from the roasting pan into a saucepan, and discard the solids. Skim off excess fat, leaving some for flavor. You should have about 1 cup liquid. If not, set aside the excess.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 Tbsp cold water, then stir into the 1 cup of roast juices in the pan. Place pan on medium-high heat, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, allow to simmer for 2-5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. If more juice has accumulated under the roast, you can spoon it into the sauce and simmer all together.
- To serve, fill the center of the hot roast with hot stuffing or roasted veggies, then spoon a little sauce over to moisten. Serve the rest of the sauce in a bowl or gravy boat. At the table, slice the roast into portions of one or two ribs per person.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 33 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 175 mg
Sodium: 460 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 61 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Delicious - and such a showstopper!”