Mama Lil's Baked Goat Cheese
Serves 8 to 10
Sweet, hot, creamy, and easy all describe this delicious hot dip. A local favorite, Mama Lil’s peppers make an easy topping for cream cheese and goat cheese. This will be a popular dip at your next party served with crostini or crackers.
- 1 (8 oz) log soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Mama Lil’s Sweet and Spicy Hungarian Goathorn Peppers in Brine from the Metropolitan Market Antipasti Bar, drained
- 1 cup fig or apricot preserves
- Crackers or thinly sliced baguette, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place goat and cream cheeses in a bowl. Mix with a fork or spoon until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cheese mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan or other small casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix drained peppers with preserves. Spread mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve warm, spread on crackers or baguette slices.
Ratings and Reviews
“The combo of the peppers and goat cheese was amazing!”
“Personally i found this way too rich. the sweet and salty flavors of the preserves and the peppers was very nice, though.”