Black Bean & Corn Salad Recipe
Black Bean & Corn Salad
Serves 6 (Makes about 4 1/2 cups)
This super easy salad is so versatile – great when you are travelling, camping, or on the boat. Serve with chips as a dip, or spoon on top of grilled chicken, add lettuce and make it into a salad.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed (See Cook’s Tip)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine beans, corn, tomato, cilantro, red onion, green onion, jalapeño, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl. Cover and chill for a few hours for flavors to meld.
- Just before serving, stir in avocado and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with chips.
- Cook’s Tip:
- When in season, use the kernels from one ear of fresh corn instead of frozen.
- Add some spice! Stir in 1 tsp ground cumin.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6412 servings)
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Sugar: 3 g
Sodium: 125 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I absolutely love this!! i make it all of the time! great on a warm day!”
“I love this, so versatile! ”