Berries and Cream Ice Box Cake Recipe
Berries and Cream Ice Box Cake
Serves 6 to 8
We love crisp cookie brittle for this recipe however vanilla wafers or even graham crackers will work. Plan to make the cake ahead, you’ll need at least 5 hours to freeze the dessert before serving.
- 2 (6 oz) containers raspberries, divided
- 2 (6 oz) containers blueberries, divided
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 box (7 oz) Mother Rucker’s Lemon Cookie Brittle
- Set aside 1/2 cup each of raspberries and blueberries.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and sugar. With an electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Spread a thin layer (about 1 cup) whipped cream on the bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Top with a layer of cookies, broken as needed to create a flat layer. Spread another 1 cup of cream on cookie layer. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup each of raspberries and blueberries. Repeat layers, ending with cream on top, just below the top of the pan.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Arrange reserved berries in decorative pattern, alternating colors, on the top. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve.