Makes 16 crisps
Delicious garnishing soup or salad, or as a nibble with cocktails. Be prepared to double the recipe – they’re addictive! Vary the spices and herbs as you like – or to go with what you’re serving.
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl stir together ingredients. On the prepared baking sheet, spoon level tablespoons of mixture in mounds 4 inches apart; spread each into 3 1/2-inch diameter circles. Bake crisps until melted and golden, about 8 minutes. Cool crisps on baking sheet, or for curved crisps, carefully remove while warm with a metal spatula and drape over the handle of a wooden spoon to cool.
- Crisps can be made 2 days in advance. Store between layers of wax paper in an airtight container at room temperature.