Summer Miche Tartine (Toast) Recipe
Summer Miche Tartine (Toast)
Satisfy your pizza craving using slices of miche, a mild, French sourdough bread with a tight crumb. Topping the hearty toast with summer's bounty makes it an open-faced sandwich everyone will love.
- 2 slices miche bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh-stretched mozzarella, sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto, salami or speck, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- Flaky finishing salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place bread on sheet pan and bake 3 to 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a small pot until warm. Alternatively, microwave in a bowl 15 seconds.
- Brush toasted bread with garlic oil. Top with tomatoes, peaches, mozzarella and prosciutto.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven. Top with basil and a sprinkle of finishing salt. Cut and serve.
- Chef's Note:
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Fat: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 1130 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 9 g
Protein: 25 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.