Whiskey Sour Recipe
Makes 6, 5oz cocktails
Meyer lemons, a cross between a mandarin orange and a regular lemon, are such a treat we couldn’t resist adding them to a cocktail. Juice your citrus the morning of the party and combine with simple syrup in a pitcher. Before your guests arrive, add whiskey to the pitcher or set out the bottle for folks to add to their own cocktails.
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice*
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp simple syrup**
- 1 1/4 cups whiskey
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Maraschino cherries, for serving
- Combine the juices and simple syrup in a pitcher, whisk to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Add whiskey just before your guests arrive.
- Serve over ice, garnished with lemon wedges and maraschino cherries.
- *Can’t find Meyer lemons? Sub in regular lemon juice and add just a bit more simple syrup if you find the mix too tart.
- **Simple Syrup:
- Combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until cold.