Wintry Kale Salad with Apples and Pumpkin Seeds
The bright flavors of this crisp salad provide a welcome contrast to the rich foods typically found on the holiday table. The hearty kale leaves will hold up if dressed up to 45 minutes in advance.
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, sliced crosswise into thick ribbons
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in oil in a steady stream.
- Add kale, apple, and radish to the bowl with the vinaigrette, toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer salad to a serving bowl, garnish with pumpkin seeds and serve.