- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 inch piece ginger root, sliced crosswise into coins
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except orange zest in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Continue to cook until cranberries have popped and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and ginger. Stir in zest, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or transfer to a covered container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.