Sweet Potato Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Chicken
Look for spiralized sweet potato or butternut squash in our produce department. The peanut sauce is also yummy served as a dip or drizzling sauce with raw or cooked veggies.
- Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp lime juice or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp siracha, sambal oelek or crushed red pepper, more to taste
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Sweet Potato Noodles:
- 2 tsp Metropolitan Market coconut oil
- 6 cups (about 1 1/3 lbs) spiralized sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- 1 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- 2 cups shredded Metropolitan Market rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup roasted chopped peanuts
- Combine all ingredients for Peanut Sauce in blender pitcher. Whirl until smooth, scraping down sides once or twice; set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet with lid over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once oil melts add sweet potato noodles. Sauté for 2 minutes, until noodles begin to soften. Add 1 Tbsp water, cover and steam for 1 minute. Remove cover, stir in sugar snap peas and chicken. Cook, stirring often, until sweet potatoes are crisp-tender and chicken is heated through, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in peanut sauce, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve warm, topped with peanuts.