Sweet Potato Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Chicken Recipe
Sweet Potato Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Chicken
Look for spiralized sweet potato or butternut squash in our produce department. The peanut sauce is also yummy served as a dip or drizzling sauce with raw or cooked veggies.
- Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp lime juice or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp siracha, sambal oelek or crushed red pepper, more to taste
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Sweet Potato Noodles:
- 2 tsp Metropolitan Market coconut oil
- 6 cups (about 1 1/3 lbs) spiralized sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- 1 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- 2 cups shredded Metropolitan Market rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup roasted chopped peanuts
- Combine all ingredients for Peanut Sauce in blender pitcher. Whirl until smooth, scraping down sides once or twice; set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet with lid over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once oil melts add sweet potato noodles. Sauté for 2 minutes, until noodles begin to soften. Add 1 Tbsp water, cover and steam for 1 minute. Remove cover, stir in sugar snap peas and chicken. Cook, stirring often, until sweet potatoes are crisp-tender and chicken is heated through, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in peanut sauce, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve warm, topped with peanuts.