Shakshuka Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar shakshuka sauce
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded (about 2 cups)
- Mini pita breads or small flour tortillas
- 4 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft and translucent. Add peppers and cook, stirring often, until softened.
- Stir in shakshuka sauce and chicken. Bring to simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes until chicken is warmed through.
- Serve hot in pitas or tortillas. Top with feta and cilantro.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 760 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 22 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.