Beef Carne Asada with Salsa Ranchera Recipe
- 1/2 cup Mexican light beer (such as Pacífico or Corona)
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder (or 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 cup salsa ranchera
- 4 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- In a blender, combine beer, garlic, onion, vinegar, chile powder, and salt. Pour mixture into a sealable bag or non-reactive covered container. Add meat and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from fridge 30 to 60 minutes before cooking. When ready to cook, heat grill on high, remove meat from marinade, and cook 5 minutes. Flip and cook 3 to 6 additional minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 140°F.
- Remove steak from heat, cover loosely with foil, and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Slice meat across the grain. Serve with salsa ranchera and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
Sodium: 105 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 39 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.