Carne Asada with Salsa Ranchera Recipe
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak
- 1/4 white onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder (or 1/2 tsp chipotle powder)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Mexican light beer (like Pacifico or Corona)
- 1 tsp salt (preferably Kosher)
- For serving:
- Metropolitan Market guacamole, corn tortillas, cilantro hatch salsa ranchera or Metropolitan Market fresh hatch salsa.
- In a blender, combine onion, garlic, chile powder, vinegar, beer, and salt. In a glass container or zip-top bag, place meat in marinade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking. When ready to cook, heat grill on high, remove meat from marinade, and cook for 5 minutes flip and cook for 3-6 additional minute until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 140° F.
- When done, remove from heat, cover with foil, and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice across the grain, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and serve with hatch chile salsa ranchera and warm tortillas.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
Sodium: 105 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 39 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.