The Pear-fect Cocktail Recipe
The Pear-fect Cocktail
The Metropolitan Market Holiday Pear shines in this delicious cocktail. Not too sweet and and super smooth, it's the perfect balance of fragrance, flavor, and texture.
- 1/2 ripe Metropolitan Market Holiday Pear, peeled
- 1 oz Colheita Tawny Port
- 2 oz Lillet
- 1/2 tsp elderflower syrup or simple syrup (see Cook's Tip)
- 1 egg white (or 2 Tbsp aquafaba)
- Thin pear slices
- In a shaker, muddle the pear until pureed. Add port, Lillet, syrup, and egg white. Shake a couple of times. Add ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Using a strainer, pour into a coupe glass, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract all the liquid. If desired garnish with pear slices.
- Cook's Tips:
- If you don’t have a shaker, double the ingredients to have enough to process in a blender. Add a couple of ice cubes and puree. Strain into 2 glasses, and garnish with pear slices.
- The elderflower syrup enhances the pear flavor and aroma. You can also use the elderflower syrup in fruit desserts and other beverages. If you like, you may substitute simple syrup for the elderflower syrup in this recipe. Just heat equal parts sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is slightly thickened.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 1 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 60 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 15 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.