Asparagus with Coconut-Peanut Crunch Recipe
Asparagus with Coconut-Peanut Crunch
The dressing also pairs well with other cooked vegetables, fresh salads, and rice noodles.
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 bunch asparagus, (about 1 lb)
- 1 Fresno chile, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp dry-roasted peanuts, chopped, salted
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut, toasted, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Thai basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Fill a large, straight-sided pan with about 3 inches of water. Bring water to boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt and stir. While water is heating, fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Trim tough, fibrous ends of asparagus. Peel stalks if they are thick. Gently place asparagus in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending upon thickness. Remove asparagus and immediately place in ice water to stop the cooking and preserve the bright, green color. Once cool, drain, pat dry, and arrange on a serving dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chile, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime zest, and lime juice. Spoon over blanched asparagus.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, coconut, and chopped herbs just before serving.