Grilled Yellow Curry Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- MINT CHUTNEY:
- 1 cup cilantro (with stems okay), plus more to taste
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat. Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes and up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring chicken to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill. Cook chicken over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side. It's okay to leave some of the yogurt marinade on the chicken, but don't allow so much that it drips. Chicken is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat reads 165°F.
- To make mint chutney, process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water to reach a pourable consistancy. Mix with additional chopped cilantro if you prefer a chunkier texture.
- Serve grilled chicken with mint chutney.