Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound Metropolitan Market fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp salt plus more to taste
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups basil pesto*
- 2 cups shredded Metropolitan Market rotisserie chicken
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil; add 2 Tbsp salt and pasta. Stir well and boil pasta for 5 minutes. Add green beans to the pot and cook until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes more. Drain pasta and return to the pot, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add the pesto, chicken, and tomatoes to the pasta and stir gently to combine. Thin sauce with a little pasta water, if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- *Purchase pesto from the Metropolitan Market olive bar or make by blending together 2 cups basil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, and 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice in a food processor; season to taste with salt.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 710 mg
Carbohydrates: 104 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 37 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.