Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound Metropolitan Market fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp salt plus more to taste
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups basil pesto*
- 2 cups shredded Metropolitan Market rotisserie chicken
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil; add 2 Tbsp salt and pasta. Stir well and boil pasta for 5 minutes. Add green beans to the pot and cook until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes more. Drain pasta and return to the pot, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add the pesto, chicken, and tomatoes to the pasta and stir gently to combine. Thin sauce with a little pasta water, if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- *Purchase pesto from the Metropolitan Market olive bar or make by blending together 2 cups basil, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, and 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice in a food processor; season to taste with salt.