Toasted Pecan Waffles Recipe
Toasted Pecan Waffles
Pecans and maple pair well together and add extra flavor and texture to homemade waffles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Maple-Pecan Syrup:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup maply syrup
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Make Maple-Pecan Syrup: Melt 1/2 cup butter in small saucepan. Stir in maple syrup and 1/2 cup pecans. Keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sour cream, butter, and vanilla. Gradually stir in dry ingredients just until blended.
- Cook waffles, according to manufacturer's instructions, until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter. (See Cook's Tip)
- Spoon warm Maple-Pecan Syrup over hot waffles just before serving. Top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
- Cook's Tip:
- Keep waffles warm in 200°F oven, arranged on a rack set within a rimmed baking sheet, to stay crisp.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 44 g
Saturated Fat: 20 g
Cholesterol: 150 mg
Sodium: 370 mg
Carbohydrates: 80 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 41 g
Added Sugar: 37 g
Protein: 11 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I’ve made this recipe several times! love the waffles and the syrup, though sometimes i opt to simply use maple syrup. my boyfriend likes ‘em too!”