Truffled Potato and Goat Cheese Flatbread Recipe
Truffled Potato and Goat Cheese Flatbread
Serves 3-4 as a light meal; 8-10 as an appetizer
This simple but sensational appetizer melds the delicate flavors of goat cheese, baby yellow potatoes, and truffle oil on our fresh, bakery flatbread.
- 8 ounces small yellow potatoes (5 to 6 potatoes), sliced paper thin
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 - 4 Metropolitan Market Bakery Flatbreads (pita or naan)
- 4 ounces Met Market Goat Cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh thyme
- Black truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place sliced potatoes on a large, oiled baking sheet. Brush with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until softened and almost cooked through. Remove potato slices to a large plate.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet. Brush with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Place potato slices in a single layer on flatbreads. Crumble goat cheese over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through, cheese begins to melt, and crust is crisp.
- To serve, sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with truffle oil. Cut into pieces. Serve warm.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Bacon: Instead of truffle oil, top flatbreads with 4 slices cooked, crumbled Met Market Bacon.
- Mushrooms: Instead of potatoes, use sautéed, sliced mushrooms.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 32 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 470 mg
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 13 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.