Asparagus Risotto Recipe
- 4 to 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (see below for preparation)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz diced Metropolitan Market Kurobota Ham or
- 16 cooked shrimp
- Place broth in large saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and keep hot.
- In a large shallow saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and sauté the asparagus, onion, and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Add the rice and stir until the rice kernels are well coated. Add the wine and stir until completely absorbed.
- Cook and stir, adding the hot chicken broth about a 1/2 cup at a time, and letting broth fully absorb into the rice before adding more. Continue adding broth until the rice is cooked (to the tooth or “al dente”) and has a creamy texture. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the peas, butter, and cheese to the risotto. Mix gently, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Break stalks, discard tough bottoms. Cut stalks into pieces about 1 inch long.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 990 mg
Carbohydrates: 70 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 12 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Made this tonight with the addition of prosciutto as suggested on your facebook post. so delish!”
“Easy to make and delicious ”