Farro, Asparagus, and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus or 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup farro, whole or cracked, cooked as package directs, drained and cooled
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 4 ounces Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion or thinly sliced green onion, optional
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- If using asparagus, trim and discard bottom 2 inches of each spear. If using green beans, trim ends and strings from beans. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Set near sink.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and asparagus or beans. Adjust heat and simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain in a colander. Plunge into bowl of ice water to cool and preserve bright color. Drain again. Cut asparagus or beans crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place cooked farro in a medium bowl, add asparagus, tomatoes, pecans, goat cheese, and onion, if using. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Toss gently. Season with salt, to taste.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 90 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Hi Cami, Thank you for reaching out. In order to print the photo, click print with recipe photo, in the printer menu select printer options (more settings) and select Background graphics. Hope this solves the problem.”
“I love the combination here. but i am dissapointed that i can't get it to print with picture. it sends two pages to print, but no picture. hmmm”