Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Pepper Recipe
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and washed*
- Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into slices and grilled, optional**
- Preheat grill or stove-top grill pan. (If asparagus is thin you can also use a grill basket on the outdoor grill). Brush asparagus on all sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus, turning once or twice, until just tender.
- Drizzle lemon juice over asparagus. Top with grilled lemon slices, as desired. Serve hot.
- *To trim asparagus, hold ends of each spear and bend until tough end breaks off; discard end.
- **Grilled lemon: Cut lemon into slices about 1/4-inch thick. Brush both sides with olive oil. Place on preheated grill or grill pan and cook, turning once, until lightly charred.